Monday 28 April 2014

September & October 2013 - Sailing, friends and still more work!

Labour day weekend was all about stopping for a bit to enjoy the fruits of our labour.

What a glorious day for a sail! Good friends Jim & Bill take turns at the helm:

Can't wipe the smile off Paul's face...a well deserved break!

 Hello new hard-vang - goodnight topping lift!:

Excuse me, can you tell me where I might find some pavement?

Guard dog Hannah keeping an eye on our neighbours:

 Sailors delight!







 Sailrite sail pack project - took 2 days to cut, assemble & sew. Thank you to my mom Ollie for all your help.  I could not have done it without you! It took Paul & I a couple of hours to build the lazy jacks and install.  Next came the zippered cover that wraps around the mast.

Very quiet Rutland 914I wind generator, Simrad radar, AIS & GPS installed atop the arch:


Chef Paula:

Good friends Bogie and Christine join us for Thanksgiving dinner aboard:

Mast & boom rack complete. This will serve as the frame for shrink wrap for RKalliste's winter storage and will carry the boom and mast as we make our way through the Erie Barge Canal next September:

No comments:

Post a Comment